So Send I You. It was a day to be remembered forever! Mary Magdalene had just come with the word that she had seen Jesus. Should they believe her? Before those thoughts could persist for very long, Jesus appeared right in their midst. He showed them the wounds in his hands and side, and then spoke.
19. Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
20. And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the LORD.
21. Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
23. Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
John 20:17-23, KJV
It was a day to be remembered forever! Mary Magdalene had just come with the word that she had seen Jesus. Should they believe her? Before those thoughts could persist for very long, Jesus appeared right in their midst. He showed them the wounds in his hands and side, and then spoke.
Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
Jesus had been sent from God, and now He was sending His disciples. Was that call just limited to his disciples? As is true of all of God's Word, the Bible, the call is extended to all believers, even those who are alive this day.
What does that mean for us? Where is He sending us? Jesus was sent by God the Father to show people the way to Him. Even today, we are led to God through our Lord Jesus Christ. This call from Christ is for all believers--every single one.
What is more important in our lives today? Is it more important to set goals for our life on this earth, and then live life to the fullest, or are we to think beyond this world? We must think beyond this life; this is only a short prelude for our eternal life to come. The most important thing we can do, is to prepare for that life, even now.
We are here for a purpose, and that purpose does not just involve ourselves. Jesus loved the multitudes and was burdened for the lost. Are we? Look around you; the fields are white unto harvest.
Pray that God would give you an overwhelming love and burden for the souls around you. Pray that your light would so shine that everyone around you would see Christ in you, that through the help of God, you may lead others to Him.
As my Father hath sent me, so send I you!